Wanting to get outside and enjoy some sunshine?
Kinsmen Park is Strathmore’s largest park and most popular outdoor green space. The park features a large pond with a shale walking track around the water. It also is home to Strathmore’s only Splash Park, a free public splash area open during the summer months.
Kinsmen Park also offers:
- An amphitheater where free concerts are held
- Free Community activities (like Canada Day festivities)
- Free fishing! (ages 16 & under and 65 & older)
- A playground
- Free outdoor Ice skating during the winter months
- Two large parking lots on either side of the park, and parking along the West side of the park
- Picnic Benches and Gazebos
Because of Kinsmen’s wetland nature, no swimming is allowed in the pond. Fishing is permitted for minors and seniors, in addition to canoeing on the lake.
Elementary classes in Strathmore also often visit Kinsmen lake during the school year to learn about wetlands and to take water samples.
View the Google Map here.